Sticky Cookies. Ever heard of them? They’re kind of a legend around here.
“Sticky Cookies” are the name of the most delicious bar you will ever put in your mouth. Handed down to my family from my grandmother, who got it from her mother, these cookies have certainly stood the test of time. Seeing a theme here? Two recipes in a row for baked goods from my great-grandma. Trust me, you wouldn’t want it any other way. I have great memories of enjoying many a sticky cookie on the way home from my grandparent’s house, a gift for the drive home.
I’ve made these for countless events, and they always steal the show.
- Potluck? Check.
- Special Occasion? You’re covered.
- Birthday Party? Gotcha.
- Christmas? Just add red and green sprinkles and cross that one off your list!
- Have to make an Egyptian themed dessert for extra-credit? Stack these into a pyramid and collect your extra extra bonus points.
Just whip up a batch and prepare to be showered with compliments (and an A+) for your amazing culinary skills. And the best part? They don’t even require you to turn on an oven! It just makes it all the easier to whip up a pan of these whenever you want. Seriously. Like, you could make them right now. Why are they so delicious? I don’t know. It’s magic. Magic that can only be created when chocolate, peanut butter, rice krispies, karo, and sugar are combined in the most beautiful way. Just five simple ingredients & fairy dust. Sounds good to me!
Enjoy this recipe, and consider yourself lucky……its top-secret! (Well, until now!)
- 6 c. Rice Krispies
- 1 c. Karo
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 c. Peanut Butter
- 1 c. Chocolate Chips
- Heat karo & sugar until boiling.
- Add peanut butter, stir, and remove from heat.
- Put PB mixture in large bowl & stir in rice krispies until they’re all evenly coated.
- Grease baking pan & spread rice krispie mixture into pan.
- Melt chocolate.
- Spread chocolate evenly on top of the mixture.
- Let cool, slice into squares, and EAT!
P.S. Be on the lookout for a healthier makeover of this recipe…I’m experimenting already!