Personal pizzas are 10000x better than regular pizzas. In fact, all mini versions of food are far superior to there normal -sized counterparts. It’s a scientifically proven fact. ”Why are mini pizzas so more delicious and just better in every way than boring old regular pizzas?” you may be asking. Well, there are many reasons for this.
Five Six Seven, to be exact.
- Its easy to customize them (everyone can make their own!)
- They are simple to make
- They are fun to make
- They are quick
- They are yummmmmmy
- Everyone can join in on the mini pizza making fun!
- They are just so darn cute.
But these aren’t just any ole mini pizzas. They are grilled naan bread pizzas! That means you don’t even have to worry about pizza dough! Just slap a deliciously chewy piece of Indian naan bread on the grill, brush on some olive oil, and top with whatever your heart desires! Easy is the name of the game here. That means you can have dinner on the table in about 10 minutes flat- and everyone will love it! You can even get fancy with the toppings and enjoy a gourmet naan pizza. Or, go simple, and top with olive oil and cheese, for younger kids. Try a Greek version with a base of hummus, and cucumber, red onion, olives, and feta. Or try a Mexican version with salsa, avocado, chicken, and Monterrey jack cheese. Make a classic Italian pizza with olive oil (or tomato sauce), basil, fresh tomato, and mozzarella. And of course, you can just make your own creation! Use this recipe to test your creative chef skillz. I know you have some.
I topped my mini pizza with some artichoke-roasted red pepper tapenade (trader joe’s), avocado, heirloom tomato, mozzerella, feta, and arugula. I have also tried it with grilled zucchini! Yum! The possibilities are endless.
Don’t have naan bread? (I got mine at Trader Joe’s). Then sub flatbread, pita bread, or even use a portion of ready-made pizza dough. Don’t want to grill them? Just cooked them in a skillet, or grill pan. You could even just plop the naan in the toaster, and then cover with your toppings! (The toppings just won’t be warmed at all). The point is, you almost definitely have all the ingredients on hand that you need for some yummy mini naan (or flatbread) pizzas! So what are you waiting for?
- 4 small whole wheat naan breads
- olive oil
- sauce/spread/additional olive oil (I used roasted red pepper and artichoke tapenade from Trader Joe’s)
- Veggies (I used avocado and heirloom tomatoes)
- Cheese (I used mozzerella and feta)
- Other toppings (I used arugula)
- Heat grill to medium.
- Brush both sides of the naan breads with olive oil and place on the grill.
- Grill until the first side is slightly crispy, then flip the naans.
- Top naan with whatever sauce and other toppings you want
- Sprinkle on some cheese!
- If you want the cheese to melt, cover the naans for a few minutes. This will also warm up the toppings a bit.
- Remove from grill, and top with any additional toppings, such as arugula or herbs.
Let everyone get in on the fun! Even little kids will love cooking their meal if they get to make their own mini pizza. Plus, they can choose just what they want on their pizza so everyone is happy. Now go eat!